Which one of Hannah’s great-nephew’s won a Nobel Prize in Medicine?
Hannah Wolfson’s siblings are Judah, Tanta (Aunt) Wolfson Shapiro, and Tanta (Aunt) Yetta Schocket (Wolfson) Blumberg
Note: Hannah was the daughter of “Wolfson”. Supposedly, her family can be traced back to Reb Eliahu Wilnar Gaow (1720 – 1798). He was also known as the Vilna Gaon. However, I have not been able to prove that. Hannah and Julius had the same father, Yechizkel Vulfson. He was murdered for being Jewish. Their mother remarried and had at least 2 daughters with her second husband, Samuel Schocket..
Judah Wolfson had 5 children:
- Sarah married Jim Brenner
Tanta Lena Schocket Shapiro – settled in the Chicago area. She had 5 children:
- Minnie who married Mr. Shepps
- Bessie who married Mr. Schwartz
Tanta Yetta Schocket Blumberg had 4 children
- Henry – a professor in Ohio
- Meyer who married Ida and had 3 children
- Dr. Baruch – winner of the Noble Prize in Medicine in 1976
- Leopold who married Sue Israelit
- Anne who married Dr. Surnamer and had 2 children
- Is Hannah related to the Vilna Gaon?
- What are the names of her parents?
- What are the first names of her siblings?